Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So many books, so little nightstand space...

Recently my friend, Wila, invited me to sign up at Goodreads as a way to keep track of what books I’ve read, list books I need to read, and compare notes and book reviews with friends. I’ve gone back a couple of times, when I get a spare moment, to add to the list of books I’ve read and enjoyed. It’s fun to see what others are reading.

And my friend, Sonya, told me about Bookswim, doing for readers what Netflix did for movie viewers. You can sign up for a monthly fee and get books shipped to you and postage is free. Memberships start at $15 a month. Something to think about if I can ever get through my to-be-read stack that seems to grow.

Right now I need/want to read two books that I’ve been meaning to read for at least a year now: The Dive from Clausen’s Pier and The Memory Keeper’s Daughter.

This led me to think of a fun list to create. Below is a list of fictional titles I’m sure I won’t be reading this year:


How NOT to Raise a Daughter
by Lynne Spears and Dina Lohan

Of Course I DID IT
by OJ Simpson

Why I Date Hot Blondes: Because I can!
by Tony Romo

How to Get Dallas to Hate You
by Jessica Simpson

Scientology: How Hollywood Does Religion
by Billy Graham (you know he wants to write this)

How to Wed and Un-Wed a Guy in Ten Days
by Pamela Anderson

Deceiving Oprah
by Jessica Seinfeld and James Frey

Adoption for Dummies
by Angelina Jolie (with a foreword by Madonna)

Pet Adoption for Dummies
by Ellen DeGeneres

Dog Training for Major Idiots
by Michael Vick

Nude Photography for Dummies
By Vanessa Hudgens

The Humanitarian Heiress (a fantasy book)
by Paris Hilton

My American Dream: Work a little—make a lot
by David Beckham

Everything you ever wanted to know about rehab but were too enibri
innebre drunk to ask
by Lindsay Lohan


What are you reading this year? Or what won’t you be reading?

No comments: