Friday, May 30, 2008

Trouble at the ballfield

Wednesday night my middle child had a baseball game, and my daughter made a beeline for her requisite visit to the concession stand. She stepped up and asked the cute teenager behind the counter for a Coke. And a bag of chips.

I asked him for cup of ice to go with it. He added it to our order and we handed over our money.

Me: “I need a lid too, please.”
Teenager: “We don’t have any.”
Me: “I got one the last time we were here.”
Teenager: “Well, we don’t have any.”
Me: “Can you look? I know you have them.”
Teenager: “Well, we don’t have any now.”
Me: “Just look. They look like coffee cup lids.”
Teenager: “Ma’am, I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”
Me: hahahahahahahaha!

The cute teenager behind the counter was my older son. He has a great sense of humor and fortunately a mom who gets it!

No comments: