Friday, February 1, 2008

Three things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other

1) My son had to select a career with a science background to research and present to his class. What to choose? Since he loves CSI shows, he thought something in forensic science or possibly criminology might be good. Then I reminded him that not long ago he’d mentioned he might want to be a doctor, and he perked up. “Oh, yeah! That would be a good one,” he said. “What’s it called? A brainiologist?” Uhhhh. “A neurologist?” I offered. A moment of awkward silence passed. He chose crime scene analyst.

B) Weirdest product I think I’ve ever seen in a catalog: Scentology fragrances. Three types: Crave, Endurance and Bliss. Apparently one controls your urge to eat carbs, the others help with energy and mood. I’m embarrassed to admit now, but when I first saw these advertised, I thought they were Scientology fragrances. I immediately thought that Southern Baptists should put out: Wallflower, Teetotaler, and Shucks. These would control your urge to dance, drink and swear.

III) I made a new year’s resolution to keep a cleaner house, and I’m bragging a bit here but—it is looking a lot better. Doesn’t hurt that I also hired a housekeeper to come twice a month. Love you, Marisol! I didn’t say how it was going to get accomplished, but it does feel good to have kept one resolution and it’s already February.

Have a great weekend. Go Giants! Go Patriots! Go Superbowl advertisers! (By the way, this is my 50th post! Thanks for hanging in there with me.)

5 comments:

Joan Mora said...

When I first read the word, I thought it was Scientology also. You know me, the world doesn't need any more scents. In fact, a few less would be really nice.

Why wouldn't we hang in there, your posts are always fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 50th post! I have enjoyed reading every one of them. You have made me laugh out loud more than once. Thanks for the laughs!
Charcar

Nancy said...

I made a new year’s resolution to keep a cleaner house,

I'd like to volunteer my house to help you keep that resolution. At your disposal. I'll leave a key for you if you like.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lala! Now, if you would post everyday you would reach 100 (or pretty close to it)before I see you in March. It would also keep me happy, I miss reading your blog when you don't post!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you. I always leave your blog with a smile!
Love ya,
Jennifer